Rollover Contribution Account

SP RolloverThe Pension Boards offers non-annuitized members the opportunity to consolidate other IRA, 403(b), 401(k) or other pre-tax accounts in a Rollover Contribution Account (RCA).

Consolidating your accounts in one place will make it easier to track your investments. You will be able to manage your funds in any of the 10 available investment funds (or in a combination of the funds):

Each Fund is professionally managed with lower fees than most mutual funds.

You will be eligible to make withdrawals from the RCA. The minimum withdrawal is $500 or, if your balance is less than $500, the total balance of your account. Because this account has not been taxed before, withdrawals are subject to a 20% Federal income tax withholding and possible penalties for early withdrawals if you are under age 59½.

At the time of retirement when annuity payments are to begin, your Rollover Contribution Account will be converted to a Retirement Savings Account (RSA). These funds, which were contributed in pre-tax dollars, can be used as an alternative to a taxable cash withdrawal at the time of retirement. With an RSA, you will still have the same withdrawal options as with an RCA.

If you are a minister who returns to work with a UCC church or related employer after annuitization, you may add to the RSA through pre-tax salary deductions or employer contributions.

If you are interested in enrolling in the RCA, click here for an RCA application and click here to download a Direct Request for Rollover form. If you already have established an RCA and wish to consolidate another account, please download a Direct Request for Rollover form.

If you already have an existing RCA and wish to withdraw funds, please click here.

If you already have an existing RCA and wish to reallocate your funds, please click here. You may also reallocate your accumulation balance by logging into your account under the My Benefits tab on the home page.

Click here to view the Rollover Contribution Account (RCA) brochure for frequently asked questions.

Click here for a copy of the booklet, Your Investment Options.

Click here for a copy of the Annuity Plan for the United Church of Christ plan document.

If you are employed by an employer other than a UCC church, Conference, Association or National Staff, contact us for the appropriate plan document.