The Pension Boards-United Church of Christ, Inc. (PBUCC) is an Affiliated Ministry of the United Church of Christ responsible for ministerial welfare activities, and a system of employee benefit programs designed to assist authorized ministers and lay workers achieve financial security during their working and retirement years. PBUCC is a membership corporation with over $3 billion in assets, currently serving more than 22,000 active, inactive and retired clergy and lay workers.
Manager, Plan Processing and Recordkeeping Operations
The Manager of Plan Processing and Recordkeeping operations is responsible for retirement payment processing and maintaining records for pension plans. This is a hands on management position providing day-to-to guidance and coaching to a team of 5+ retirement payment representatives. The team responds to member inquires, researches and resolves benefits related issues (including technical issues) and ensures accurate and complete record keeping. The manager will work with internal technical resources to build increased systems knowledge and capabilities in the group.
- Minimum have 5+ years’ experience in a technical or management role within a benefits administration, or retirement servicing organization
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience directly managing a benefits processing team
(or similar positions) and coaching for improved performance
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of defined contribution plans; knowledge of
403(b) church pension plans a plus
- In-depth knowledge and experience with OMNI retirement applications or similar system
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with staff at all levels of the
Excellent benefits package offered. EOE.
Reports to: Manager, Retirement Plan Processing and Customer Service
Department: Member Services
The Benefits Representative will serve as the primary contact in assisting members and employers with daily inquiries regarding benefit plans administered by The Pension Boards. Provide systemic enrollments, maintenance and terminations on member accounts for Medical, Vision, Dental, Life/Disability Insurance, Flexible Spending and Annuity Plans. Troubleshoots complex issues regarding account set-up as they are communicated to The Pension Boards by United Church of Christ Members and Employers.
- Provides exceptional customer service to all members and employers in a professional manner.
- Reviews, analyzes, verifies and processes all plan inquires received via (ACD) 800# telephone line, mail, email, fax and chat pertaining to benefits plans administered by The Pension Boards.
- Collaborate with other departments as required to address and resolve members’ and employers’ inquiries, refunds, invoices and quarterly/monthly billing issues.
- Initiates and prepares correspondence to members, beneficiaries, employers and others regarding general account information.
- Performs data entry and data maintenance to members’ account.
- Communicates clearly and understandably to the members & employers the policies & procedures regarding enrollments, employment changes, rollovers and terminations.
- Updates members’ records via the OMNI Plus/Exp AG system.
- Provides weekly reports to manager regarding work processed to ensure SLA is met.
- Completes other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the Manager.
- Reviews billing statements for accuracy before mailing to members or employers or filing.
- Updates allocation & future contributions and fund reallocation on a timely basis via OMNI or Website.
- Upsells Tax Sheltered Account (TSA) account and (RCA) Rollover contributions of potential members via outbound calls, e-mail and mail
Work Experience/Skills and Abilities:
- Must have worked in the pension administration field for at least 2-3 years
- Must provide superior customer service to Employers and Members.
- Must have experience managing heavy call volumes.
- Experience working for a church benefit organization is preferable.
- Must have familiarity with annuities (calculations, DC plans, annuity types, etc.).
- Efficiently manages time to achieve individual, department and organizational goals.
- Strong oral, written communication and following up skills.
- Independent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flex hours as required with minimum supervision.
- Ability and willingness to learn policies, procedures and rules of the various Plans.
- Highly organized and able to multi-task priorities appropriately to work within structured procedure’s.
- Must possess a collegial attitude in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Must have knowledge of Defined Benefit and Defined Contributions Plans; especially DC plans 403(b) preferred.
- Experience with OMNI Plus (preferable).
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must have high school diploma, with some college credits or college degree preferred.
Grade level: 5
Excellent benefits package offered. EOE.
The Pension Boards-United Church of Christ is an affiliated Ministry of the United Church of Christ and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.